How You Can Help
Thank you for your interest in helping the Second Chance Program.
Please consider supporting Second Chance on #GivingTuesday, December 3, 2013.
Visit our partner page at: http://givingtuesday.org/partner/toledo-area-ministries/
Donating to Second Chance
Donations received are used to directly assist girls and women victimized by sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation.
On an ongoing basis, Second Chance is in need of:
- Food for our food pantry for clients
- Clothing for women and girls
- Personal hygeine items like sanitary pads, Monistat, or other OTC treatments like Vagisil
- Lip balm, and chapstick type products
- Small and medium sized new underwear, small and medium sized sports bras
A quick meal in the community offers women and youth the opportunity to meet a basic survival need, celebrate an accomplishment or achieving a goal, as well as spend time with a mentor.
- Gift cards to places like McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, Starbucks, Biggby's, Applebees, Red Robbin allow us to work with women and youth in creative and spontaneous ways.
Second chance hosts two sites one for youth services, one for adult services. Household supplies support us in maintaining welcoming environments
- Murphy's Oil Soap, Lysol/Pine Sol type cleaning products for both tile floors and woodwork
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Disinfenctant wipes, sponges, dish cloths and towels
- Paper Products such as napkins, paper plates, paper towels, toilet paper
- Kitchen size garbage bags
- Laundry supplies--detergent, bleach, fabric softener sheets
Transportation is often an issue for the youth and women we serve. Second Chance provides transportation for members to school, to appointments and events in the community.
- Gas cards in any denomination would be greatly appreciated
- A van for the Second Chance Safe House for girls
We would like to establish a small computer labs in both houses.
- 4 Desk top style Computers and printers (new or gently used)
Materials for groups and activities
- Art and craft supplies--construction paper, markers, paints, glue,
- Journals, notebooks, sketchbooks
- Magazines and catalogs rich in pictures, and images to be used for vision boards, inspirational collages, etc.
Second Chance also greatly appreciates monetary donations which go directly to provide programming and services for women and girls.
- To donate online click here. Be sure to write "Second Chance" in the designation box on the donation page.
- To make a donation please contact the Second Chance Program Director at 419-244-6050 or at SecondChance@TAMOhio.org
Currently there are no employment opportunities available. Please check back later.
Second Chance accepts University level interns to assist with the Second Chance program. Interns may work directly with clients, on program development, fundraising, policy, or community organizing. If you are interested in an internship with the Second Chance program please contact the Program Director at 419-244-6050 or SecondChance@tamohio.org
If you have a special skill or talent that you would like to teach or share, please contact us and let us know how you would like to support us in our mission. For more information on volunteer opportunities please contact the Second Chance Program Director at 419-244-6050 or SecondChance@tamohio.org.